[Cin] MKV containers

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:40:08 CET 2019

I read in QuickStart.pdf that the mkv format is not perfectly
compatible with CinGG. As a further contribution I can say that every
time I use mkv format (with any codec) it always comes out in the
terminal the string:
  "FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/home/paz/video_editing/prova/MyVideo.mkv"
In these cases the file management, both in playback and rendering, is
much heavier. For example, a rendering of two mkv files (x264) of
about 1 Gb in total takes more than an hour, while similar mp4 files
(x264) take 25 minutes. Is there anything I can do about it? I would
love to be able to use containers and codecs associated with mkv. Have
others had similar experiences?