[Cin] MKV containers

Benrob0329 ben at innovationplex.com
Sun Feb 10 20:57:17 CET 2019

I use the end-of-the-month builds, and it doesn't render any background frames in the specified /tmp directory.

I do not experience slowdowns in playback (except when specifying either render every frame or applying some rather heavy effects) however I have noticed that MKV containers take significantly longer to seek than MP4s.

I took a large constant frame-rate screen capture I had and converted it from an h264/aac MKV to an h264/aac MP4 (copying the streams with ffmpeg) and the seek times at a cut were greatly reduced (Those files will still send any NLE through a loop though because of how ungodly large they are). So I believe that MKV may have some extra overhead or lack of information that makes seeking through them harder for editors.On Feb 10, 2019 2:28 PM, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote: