[Cin] Fwd: Cinelerra-GG new monthly builds ready for download

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 18:05:57 CET 2019

Update on the latest builds as a result of feedback.

The new monthly Cin-GG builds are ready for download.  Visit the website
> and while you are there, check out some changed pages as Sam keeps things
> fresh:    cinelerra-gg.org

Cin now supports the ShuttlePROv2 and ShuttleXpress devices and can be user
> modified.

A couple of problems found by Pierre while testing:

1. This one is easily fixed on your O/S but will prevent the newest
ShutltePRO's from initially working at all. The vendor string name is
slightly different.  You will have to add to the 99-ShuttlePRO.rules the
following line to the other 2 lines:
  ATTRS{name}=="Contour Design ShuttlePro" MODE="0644"
and replace the file in /etc/udev/rules.d and the next time you reboot it
will take effect.
2. Fullscreen mode in Composer and Viewer was not working.  A fix has been
generated for the Shuttle but not checked in yet.
3. The file 99-ShuttlePRO.rules is supposed to be in the cinelerra/doc path
but may not be for every distro.  I have to look into this yet.

Another comment about the Shuttle - if users find a better key setup, just
let us know and if it makes sense, we can change to a more robust default.

> Drag Handle usage has been reworked.  Besides Ripple, Roll, & Slip, there
> is now Slide and Edge.

I have to study very hard, IgorB's last email.  We carefully compared the
old and the new and GG created an algorithm that was consistent for coding
purposes.  Until I understand what the problem is, I do know what to say.

Fixed bug in Rotate plugin of an issue when you move the draw pivot out of
> the canvas on bottom.

This is NOT fixed.  I inadvertently thought it was and failed to test.
Will have gg look at it next time he gets a chance.

There are also a few odds and ends in the MantisBT that are only partially
complete and I had hoped to get gg clean these up but got bogged down with
other things.  Thanks for your patience, gg/Phyllis