[Cin] Slackware 14.2 64-bit works too

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:11:05 CET 2019

В сообщении от Tuesday 12 February 2019 12:17:13 Andrea paz написал(а):
> Thank you, Adrian. You have provided a lot of news and all
> interesting. I am not competent for compilations and coding, but it
> seems that we have almost reached the intrinsic limits of which the
> group of Lumiera spoke (IMO):
> https://www.lumiera.org/project/background/history/CinelerraWoes.html
> CFLAGS: In the Arch wiki they advise against the -03 option because it
> brings instability and there are times when it is slower than -02. But
> your results aren't bad. Can I apply these CFLAGS options to my Arch?
> Are they general or do they only apply to Slackware? Can I try
> vectorization with -ffast-math or are there any other ways that would
> advise against it to an incompetent like me?

CFLAGS are compiler options, and thus must be distribution-agnostic. Try those
in Arch, of course, but name package like -opimized, so it will be clear even
after some time what exactly you have installed.

Do your usual work, including all those effect and most importantly final
rendering (I haven't tested this step!). If after some playing results are
visually (or numerically - if you care about it enough) identical to standard
build, but faster (and Cin doesn't crash on you more often/in unusual ways) -
you can keep those flags.

You also can try to enable ONLY auto-vectorization with -O2 level of generic
optimizations.