[Cin] ShellCmd for personal use

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 17:12:58 CEST 2019

Andrea, now this is "easy peasy"!  Using the example you provided below,
all you need is to create a file in a non-Cinelerra directory (so it does
not get deleted).  For example, I created /tmp/andrea.sh that only contains
the one line (it is one line altogether but there is such a thing in linux
for a continuation line if it gets too long):

ffmpeg -i "$1" -filter_complex 'extractplanes=y+u+v[y][u][v]' -map '[y]'
y.avi -map '[u]' u.avi -map '[v]' v.avi

Also, in your 1 line above, keep in mind that y.avi, u.avi, and v.avi MUST
have full pathnames or your output files will end up in whichever directory
you are running in.  And just as important, you must use "-y" to answer
"yes" to overwrite the files or else it will prompt you in the Cinelerra
startup window.

Note the "$1" - that is the first argv and in Cinelerra, all you would have
to do is go to the Resource window and highlight the "video.avi" file you
used in your example and then go to the Shell Cmds icon and click on Andrea
instead of Shortcuts, for example.  Of course, you have to set up the
Andrea command first in Settings-> Preferences, Interface tab "Shell
Commands".  I updated use of Shell Commands in chapter trouble here locally
but have included it below.

I will attempt to make an example.

I was wondering if it was possible to include in ShellCmd some ffmpeg