[Cin] \LaTeX manual

Спицын Андрей spitsyn.andrey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 23:29:21 CEST 2019

Hi Andrea,

The best way to convert a tables is to copy table into new odt file and
export it as extra clean article (I'm not sure about English
translation). Then copy only a content part of table into table template.
Like this one:

\begin{table}[h]
	\caption{caption}
	\small
	\label{tabular:uses}
	\begin{center}
	\begin{tabular}{m{8em}m{8em}m{8em}}
	\hline
Compositor: Mouse usage &
Compositor: Action &
Plugin GUI\\\hline
shift+left mouse button &
create a new line point &
New button in Point (line)\\\hline
shift+right mouse button &
create a new arc (curve) point &
New button in Point (curve)\\\hline
	\end{tabular}
\end{center}
\end{table}

It's template for a float tables like figure environment. If table
spreads across several pages, you'll have to use longtable environment
(see below for example). Unlike table, longtable isn't float
environment, so it starts exactly there you place it.
Note that you can put each cell on separate line. It's very convenient
for a long table.

\begin{center}
\small
\begin{longtable}{{m{8em}m{8em}m{8em}}}
\caption{Table caption}
\label{tabular:kau} \\ % note that double backslash is mandatory here
\hline
\multirow{2}*{Text}&Text\\
\cline{2-3}
&text1&text2\\
\hline
\multicolumn{1}{c}{1}&\multicolumn{1}{c}{2}&\multicolumn{1}{c}{3}\\
\hline \endfirsthead% here is end of first page header
\hline
\multicolumn{1}{c}{1}&\multicolumn{1}{c}{2}&\multicolumn{1}{c}{3}\\
\hline \endhead  % here the common page header

	\hline
Compositor: Mouse usage &
Compositor: Action &
Plugin GUI\\\hline
shift+left mouse button &
create a new line point &
New button in Point (line)\\\hline
shift+right mouse button &
create a new arc (curve) point &
New button in Point (curve)\\\hline

\end{longtable}
\end{center}

Here some online tools for table creation:
https://www.tablesgenerator.com/
https://www.latex-tables.com/

--
С уважением,