[Cin] Subtitles

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:01:04 CEST 2019

Hi,

Good to hear from you, I've been kind of busy.

It always would be good to know more generally "what is the use scenario?"
That is to say... what are you doing with this stuff?

Cinelerra can be useful to compose and edit subtitle data.  The operation
you seem to be asking to be created is a sort of "load" function that will
inject an existing subtiltle script into a cin5 session.  I can do that.
But... to what end?  if you intend to edit this result, then the code will
be
useful, but if it is just to convert it to udvd format, I suspect you can
already
do just that.

The easy way for me to do this is to create a simple standalone program that
reads the srt subtitle data and an existing cin5 xml session file, which
will
inject that data into a new subtitle track on the timeline.  Is that enough
for
the problem your describing?

gg