[Cin] New pkgs and tars for this month's release are ready

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:02:07 CEST 2019

IgorB:

> I have installed the new
> "cinelerra-5.1-ub16.04-20190430.x86_64-static.txz" release in another
> AMD desktop PC with UbuntuStudio_16.04_LTS.
> When I run ./cin by terminal an error "libva.so.1 ..." appear.
> I read the "releasenotes.pdf" about, and I understand I have to install
> the libva-dev and libvdpau-dev.
> Unfortunately that desktop PC is off-line, so I ask you if there is a
> easy way (workaround) to bypass the problem to use the new Cin release.

GG and I discussed this this morning.  Originally we had considered
carrying the libva and libvdpau as another thirdparty library, similar to
libmpeg3 but it is too much and very impractical.  There also is no easy
way to build Cinelerra without the 2 linked in. The best we could come up
with was in:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/974/how-can-i-install-software-or-packages-without-internet-offline

with the section I took out of that below.  It may be old; it may not work;
but here it is anyway.  If absolutely necessary, because we want you to be
able to continue to work offline, is for GG to make a special build or
provide some kind of tar file for you to move over via USB and install
that.  Let us know if this helps.  gg/phyllis

You can use apt-offline or apt-offline-gui.
*Pre-requistes*: A friend's system with Internet connection. apt-offline
installed in both your systems.

The Offline installation is achieved in 3 simple steps.

*Step 1*:
Generate a signature file on the Disconnected Debian box at home
apt-offline set /tmp/apt-offline.sig
The above command will generate all information required from apt about
updating its database.

*Step 2*:
Download data based on the signature file generated earlier
apt-offline get C:\apt-offline.sig --threads 5
The above command will download data as mentioned in the signature file. To
speed up downloads (that can be from multiple apt repositories), in this
example we spawn 5 download threads.
Once completed, you could just copy the data (an archive file, if you used
the --bundle option) back to the removable medium and copy it back onto
your offline host.

*Step 3*:
Once you're back upon the home Debian machine, you feed the data from the
removable medium to apt-offline:
apt-offline install /media/USB/apt-offline.zip
This will update the APT database on your disconnected machine seamlessly.

Apt-offline can be even used in Windows systems. In my opinion, apt-offline
is the best option for Offline installation.