[Cin] Latest GIT checkin + ubuntu16 without-vaapi build

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 00:16:36 CEST 2019

IgorB:

> In these days I have tested a few of Cin releases (from 20181231) with
> four old computers: two Notebook and two Desktop, all of them with
> UbuntuStudio16.04LTS-dvd-amd64 installed.

That is a lot of testing - so thanks for all of that work!

> In the two Notebook all the Cin realeses works fine
> In the two Desktop all the Cin releases, before 20190430, works fine.
> One Desktop pc with Cin-ub16-without-vaapi-x86_64-static-20190509 works
> fine; the other Desktop give me a segv message when quit by Cin.

We do not understand the segv message when quit by Cin and could not
reproduce.  Did you ever get a dump /tmp/cinelerraxxxxx.dmp file
generated?  If not, gg has no more ideas how to debug this.  If you ever do
get dump, send it our way.

> Cin_20190430 release in the two desktop do not run and a error message
> "ERROR while loading shared libraries: libva-x11.so.1" occur.

Yes, there are a few libva related libraries that have to be installed and
libva-x11 is one of them.  They are listed here:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/xenial/libva

Finally, I have tried to install UbuntuStudio16.04LTS-dvd-amd64 with
> online update in a desktop PC, but the result is the same. I have also
> updated that desktop with "sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-vaapi", and
> the Cin20190430 worked but sometimes the screen flickers. I guess it
> also depends by video card.

Not sure what you mean about "the result is the same".  Do you mean that
libva-x11 is missing?  If so, see the entire related list at the last URL
to see all of the packages that are needed.

> I don't know if it is possible but could I build a Cin release (a last
> release) more or less it worked before 20190430?
>
> You can do a "GIT" for any previous version.  How to do this is outlined
in section 2.1.3 (create an initial clone) and 2.1.4 (build from a previous
GIT version).  If you have questions about that, just ask.