[Cin] Latest GIT checkin + ubuntu16 without-vaapi build

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Thu May 16 10:18:57 CEST 2019

Phyllis wrote:
> We do not understand the segv message when quit by Cin and could not
> reproduce.  Did you ever get a dump /tmp/cinelerraxxxxx.dmp file
> generated?  If not, gg has no more ideas how to debug this.  If you
> ever do get dump, send it our way.
I can understand you. Unfortunately only segv message come out and not
dump file has been created, until now.

> Yes, there are a few libva related libraries that have to be installed
> and libva-x11 is one of them.  They are listed here:
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/xenial/libva
Thank you so much. It is very helpful to me.
Before you wrote this mail I copied from the Notebook, where cin20190430
works fine, the DEB file I find in "/var/cache/apt/archives/ and
installed manually with "sudo dpkg -i DEB_PACKAGE_NAME".
The problem is the right sequences of the dependencies installations. I
started from "libvdpau-dev" and "gstreamer1.0-vaapi-1.8.3". Then with
Synaptic I see if there are broken files. Consider that my knowledge in
Linux is zero, unfortuately. AND I don't know if my procedure is right.
I see here in mailing-lists that many user, if not all, "chew" Linux
very well.

> Do you mean that libva-x11 is missing?  If so, see the entire related
> list at the last URL to see all of the packages that are needed.
In my Desktop system there is "libva-x11", or better I see it in folder
"/usr/lib/x86_64linux-gnu/ ". May be it is not update, or not compatible
with vaapi.

> You can do a "GIT" for any previous version.  How to do this is
> outlined in section 2.1.3 (create an initial clone) and 2.1.4 (build
> from a previous GIT version).  If you have questions about that, just ask.
I mean to build the last release without vaapi or vdpau. And yes, I have
read that section, thank you.
I know I am wasting your time with these things, and them are due at my
poor knowledge to Linux system.
Thank you.

IgorBeg