[Cin] Fwd: GIT checkin of Masking enhancements +

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 00:43:53 CEST 2019

Addendum to Masking OpenGL upgrade after more testing performed here.

1) there is a Leap 15.1 (15.1 just released May 22 as notified by Sam)
static tar for testing at:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/cinelerra-5.1-leap15.1-20190527-x86_64-static.txz
2) there is a Debian Buster (testing version because Debian 10 will not be
released until probably June) static tar at:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/cinelerra-5.1-deb10-20190527-x86_64-static.txz

Neither of the above have OpenGL 4.3 implemented on our test systems with
Mesa/Nouveau (??) and on the startup window you will see something like the
below.  Never fear though, this seems to only affect Feathering which was
working so poorly at OpenGL 1.x that there was already a "Disable OpenGL
masking" button to workaround this.
0:1(10): error: GLSL 4.30 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10,
1.20, 1.30, 1.40, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

Playback3D::print_error:
#version 430 // vertex shader
in vec3 in_pos;
void main000() {
        gl_Position = vec4(in_pos-vec3(0.5,0.5,0.), .5);
}

void main() {
        main000();
}
Also, just a reminder YOU CAN PUT A NAME in the mask number box now to make
it more obvious what the mask is for.  So instead of 0, 1, 2... you can use
Face, License, Car, Person...

The latest GIT checkin needs some more testing in Masking.  Here is why.