[Cin] Documentation/manual questions

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 21:30:01 CET 2019

В сообщении от Saturday 02 November 2019 22:22:40 Phyllis Smith написал(а):
> Andrew:
>
> >   on page 315 I can see reference to configure switch
> > --with-findobject, but as far as I can see this switch was removed in
> > latest git code?
> >
> > Yes, that was removed from the build.  The above section is being looked
> at today and I will try to get it fixed to pass along to Andrea for
> inclusion.
>
> Andrea:  could you change on p. 190 (typo, not 390) the pix_fmt to
> cin_pix_fmt as you see below?  Thank you.
>
> > at p. 190
> >
> > 1 mov prores
> > 2 preset medium
> > 3 pix_fmt yuv422p10le
> >

> Andrew:
>
> > shouldn't be pix_fmt changed to cin_pix_fmt, according to our recent
> > discussion
> >
> I am correcting the ffmpeg/video opts files that mistakenly use pix_fmt and
> they will be checked into GIT in a day or 2.

Thanks!

I also subscribed to http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user and can bring up there two points made in documentation

p. 193:

Outstanding Issues with ffmpeg: There are some problems that need to be ad-
     dressed by the ffmpeg developer group that adversely affect Cinelerra. These
     are stated below with the hopes that that group will fix them as time permits.

• Make all the default parameters operational. When they are not, the
  Cinelerra plugins can’t be initialized since the initial state of the filter
  is not operational. If that is not possible, then provide a set of nominal
  parameters for each plugin, so that they can be used as the plugins
  initial default state.
• Make the filter config function project the new parameter data into
  the filter function at any point during filter operation. This is so that
  continuous updates can be done as the plugin operates.
• Improve seek codec restarts. The past predictor must be reset or recon-
  structed after a seek. The only documented way to seek is open/seek/-
  play. Reopening the format layer is very expensive.

I think I can also link in https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=330
because IMO it shows how wild timestamp can ruin synchro

If GG OK with this formulation I will send email to libav-users and CC this list too.