[Cin] Re3: Blu-ray encoding again

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 02:12:52 CET 2019

Andrew,

>  I can not get x264-params to work with tff or bff added at the end of the
> statement.  I even tried tff=1 and still does not work.

I did finally get x264-params to work correctly so I withdraw that
question.  Apparently, I just kept making mistakes.

have yet to have him look into the bdcreate.C changes

GG did look at your patch.  Previously he had changed "putting the bff and
tff" on the end of the opts line to be smarter so that these could go into
the options files instead.   So we can at least add the 3 missing
1920x1080p... possible types.  And I "think" that you are saying below that
the "pulldown" option is not complete so we should not add it.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 12:57 AM Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, apparently pulldown option requres more handling:
>
> from x264.h
>
>    /* Pulldown:
>      * The correct pic_struct must be passed with each input frame.
>      * The input timebase should be the timebase corresponding to the
> output framerate. This should be constant.
>      * e.g. for 3:2 pulldown timebase should be 1001/30000
>      * The PTS passed with each frame must be the PTS of the frame after
> pulldown is applied.
>      * Frame doubling and tripling require b_vfr_input set to zero (see
> H.264 Table D-1)
>      *
>      * Pulldown changes are not clearly defined in H.264. Therefore, it is
> the calling app's responsibility to manage this.
>      */
>
> so, no for now.
>

> I tried to see if scaling checkbox in BD creation dialog worked,

I will look into scaling as it was working but I have not looked at it for
a long time so need to refresh my memory.