[Cin] Problem rendering Ogg format

d quinton quinton.dv at zoho.com
Tue Oct 1 16:21:02 CEST 2019

I have a problem achieving consistent results when rendering with ffmpeg/ogg format - the bitrate of resulting video is always unpredictable:

Example,

set bitrate to 9000000 and result is blotchy, from good 20mbps source;

set q=8 resulting bitrate varies each time Cin is started, can be very high,

set q=7 or q=6 bitrate very high, even down to q=1 still high, then set back to q=7 and bitrate is at 8.5Mbps.

some results I've had
q=9 11mbps

q=10 79mpbs

q=5 107mpbs

q=2 28mpbs

q=7 11.5mpbs

With ogg vorbis I used to succeed better. Wild bitrates only create huge files that are difficult to store.

Quinton