[Cin] Fwd: Can someone check DV-AVI (type 2) profiles I try to create with real interlaced project?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 06:29:17 CEST 2019

I actually read some documentation, it says DV (usual Standard Resolution, at least) uses bottom field first:

https://www.provideocoalition.com/field_order/
https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=8&postid=566441&univpostid=566441&pview=t&archive=T

so, I put top=0 options in my profiles, they still render.

but for HD DV story will be different:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5092

The field order (i.e. topfield first) is wrong for DV HD video. It's actually due to a stupid change they made to the spec. The bits in the VAUX are the same but their meaning changed. In SMPTE 314M, which is for SD, field 2 refers to the even fields and field 1 refers the odd fields. But in SMPTE 370M, which is for HD, field 1 refers to the even fields and field 2 refers to the odd fields. So if the FS bit in the VAUX is 1 it means BFF in SD but TFF in HD.

 So we need a line in the code to flip the TFF flag if the file is HD. (the current code parses it according to the SMPTE 314M spec regardless of resolution)

I have no idea what will happen if you try to fix two or more sources with different field order ..