[Cin] New dav1d is out - 0.5.1, claims even more speed on older processors
randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:09:43 CET 2019
I can't believe my eyes, but apparently this is not a typo ...
dav1d 0.5.1 'Asiatic Cheetah', the fast and small AV1 decoder
This is a minor update of the 0.5.0 version of dav1d, the fast and small AV1 decoder, codename 'Asiatic Cheetah'.
0.5.1 brings improvements in speed for SSE2 CPUs (up to 50% speedup), and ARMv7 CPUs (up to 41% speedup).
It also fixes minor issues and minor speed improvements for other architectures.
Changes for 0.5.1 'Asiatic Cheetah':
0.5.1 is a small release improving speeds and fixing minor issues
compared to 0.5.0:
- SSE2 optimizations for CDEF, wiener and warp_affine
- NEON optimizations for SGR on ARM32
- Fix mismatch issue in x86 asm in inverse identity transforms
- Fix build issue in ARM64 assembly if debug info was enabled
- Add a workaround for Xcode 11 -fstack-check bug
Found via Phoronix.
Compiled and installed .. apparently no .so bump this time, so no recompile needed :P
More information about the Cin