[Cin] The "Story of Dav1d" with Cinelerra builds (AV1 decoder)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 08:39:18 CEST 2019

В сообщении от Tuesday 03 September 2019 17:33:32 Phyllis Smith написал(а):
> Andrew,
>
> > Sorry, for not testing all those combination, I tend to just add/update
> > new software
> > as some program ask for it. And being Slackware OS can be moved both ways
> > (up/downgrade) equally easy.
> >
> No problem -- testing of all the distros is most easily done here when we
> do the monthly builds.  In fact we were quite surprised at the Slackware
> build working so well here.
>

> > I think obvious fix for nasm problem will be testing nasm version in
> > cinelerra-5.1/configure.ac
> > (like lines 464/465 currnetly do, but for something specific for 2.13 and
> > up) and
> > disable libdav1d with message if nasm too old.
> >
> > nasm --version
> > NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Mar 11 2018
> >
> > Or may be compile nasm as part of Cin-GG build system, but I'm afraid this
> > way will lead to Cin OS :}
> >
> That is funny! a Cin OS!
>
> Also, FYI - we did contact dav1d software guru - JBKempf - and gave him our
> compliments and stated our concerns which he considered.  Just wanted to
> let him know that one of our biggest concerns was the impediment other
> software packages may have incorporating libdav1d into their packages for
> the same reasons.  But in the end, like most developers, he prefers to move
> forward with the latest.
>
> We still think it is worth putting into Cinelerra and hope that ffmpeg
> eventually adds an encode speed up too.  Phyllis/GG

Aha, for static Makefile GG added ...

+$(NASM_BLD)/%.obj: src/x86/%.asm
+       $(NASM) -f elf64 \
+               -I src/ -I $(BUILD)/ -MQ $@ -MF $@.ndep \

replace elf64 with elf32 for 32-bit builds ..... (looking at my source folder for 32-bit libdav1d build via Meson/Ninja)

actually there are two instances of this parameter, another for (libdav1d) testfiles down the file ....

+$(TESTS_CHKASM_BLD)/x86/%.obj: $(TESTS_CHKASM)/x86/%.asm
+       @$(NASM) -f elf64 \
+               -I src/ -I $(BUILD)/ -MQ $@ -MF $@.ndep \