[Cin] Cinelerra's professionalism

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Wed Sep 11 22:59:45 CEST 2019

Hi Ugin

Cinelerra is aimed more at professional users. Cinelerra is very
extensive concerning the possibilities and requires a certain training
period. You can certainly call some other video editing programs that,
if you like, but Cinelerra stands out in some respects.
What might make Cinelerra better compared to the other video editors is
the extensive masking (the other NLE's definitely don't have it), LV2
support (as far as I know only Cinelerra can handle it currently), 8K
support, nested clips, Smart Folders (doesn't have any of the other open
source programs), support from the shuttle controllers, multicamera
support including audio track synchronization.
I would say that these are definitely some professional features
compared to the other NLEs.

Sam