[Cin] Imported sequences in Master Project and the Viewer
igorbeg at visi1.org
Sat Sep 14 10:31:26 CEST 2019
Full title: From the Viewer to the Timeline with the sequences imported
in a Master Project.
I write here because I think it is not a bug, but may be it is important
to add it in the Manual.
I would like to know yours opinion/possibility.
Consider you have:
- a subproject with more video and audio tracks, and on the tracks there
are clips, autos, effects and keyframes.
- a Master Project with clips, autos, effect and keyframes.
1) In the Master Project, import the subproject (sequence) with
"Insertion strategy= Create new resources only". You can see the
subproject (sequence) in Resources->Clips (and its full name is the
2) Drag and Drop the sequence from Clips to the Viewer.
3) Set In and Out Point in the Viewer and, in the Timeline, move the
cursor position at the end of the tracks (for this example).
4) Click on "Splice (v)" button in the Viewer.
You can see the complete Sequence (autos, effects, keyframes) in the
5) In the Timeline, move the cursor position at the end of the tracks again.
6) This time, click on "Overwrite (b)" button in the Viewer.
You can see the Sequence in the Timeline, but without its autos, effects
and keyframe. If in the Timeline there were some autos/effects/keyframe,
before of the Overwrite operation from the Viewer, they will still be there.
This behaviour occur also with "to Clip" feature, used from Timeline and
following the steps from point#2.
Remember that if you want put the sequence correctly (with all its
tracks) in the Master Project you must have the same, or more, number of
tracks that there are in the original sequence (the original subproject).
I don't know if it is possible to implement by code, but could
cinelerra open a little window with an alert if the tracks in the Master
Project are less than the tracks in the sequence?
The alert could say something like: "The sequence/clip needs <V> more
video track(s) and <A> more audio track(s) in the Timeline otherwise the
sequence will be incomplete. Do you want to continue? <Yes> <No>".
<V>= number of video tracks to add
<A>= number of audio tracks to add
More information about the Cin