[Cin] ffmpeg - cuda

Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux rafamar.mm.ig at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:22:49 CEST 2020

Hi Sergio, excuse me for getting me into the conversation. When this
happens to you from the black bands you can solve it with the mask tool. I
made a tutorial about it, you can see it at:
https://multimediagnulinux.wordpress.com/2020/03/27/cinelerra-gg-5-mascaras-tapar-objetos-o-personas/
I do not exactly deal with the question you are raising, but I am taking
note to make a tutorial on the subject of inserting a video recorded
horizontally and removing these black bands with a mask. Regards.

El dom., 12 abr. 2020 a las 0:45, <sergiogomez at tostado.com.ar> escribió:

> It's not a problem to me. I just want to offer a true information,
> tested... Additionally, and another topic... I was trying a lot of
> possibiliies to get the best performance possible... One was transcode
> option to replace media in video. One of them, was a movil (cellphone)
> video ( 720x1440) , it was transcoded  adding black bands to complete
> 16:9 aspect, 1920x1080.
>
> El 2020-04-11 19:29, Phyllis Smith escribió:
>
> Great, I am in no hurry and also would like to include your statistics in
> the manual if possible.
>
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 3:30 PM Sergio Daniel Gomez <
> sergiogomez at tostado.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> Phyllis, Yes! just this parameter, but if you want, give me a few day to
>> more test. At this moment.. rendering 4minutes x 30 fps, full-hd, with
>> masks, 11.685fps, rendering same time with constant zoom and chromakey,
>> 9.04 fps. The detail is,before was rendering a 6 fps.
>>
>> I want to test little more to confirm stability, HW rendering I can
>> confirm now.
>>
>> Sergio
>> El 11/04/2020 a las 13:38, Phyllis Smith escribió:
>>
>> Sergio,
>> Thank you so much for sharing your results which are quite impressive.
>> Am I understanding correctly that the only change you ended up making was
>> the"*hwaccel_flags to (0x00000002) ?? *allow_high_depth" to the
>> h264-nvenc.mp4 ffmpeg option file?  I want to add that as a choice for
>> others to see.  Probably your newer/higher end graphics board was very
>> beneficial -- a good way to justify upgrading if using h264/h265.
>>
>> GG/Phyllis
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 7:07 AM <sergiogomez at tostado.com.ar> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks a lot! Well...
>>>
>>> pipe option isn't better in this case (I did some test). Changing  parameters
>>> to pass in  the "view" button, ffmpeg option, not codec, is better.
>>> Attached images show some information to think it's using HW
>>> Acceleration. It's using 2 of 6 cores when before used all cores to
>>> reender. And use dedicate memory of graphic card and more GPU  and video