[Cin] [spam?] Fixed typo in my x265-8/10/12 bit patchset, tried CineformHD encoder in ffmpeg.git

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 20:27:39 CEST 2020

В сообщении от Friday 07 August 2020 20:16:52 вы написали:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2020, Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin wrote:
>
> > It worked at around 7 fps for 1080p h264 source in RGBA-float project ...
> > Decoding with mplayer was fine if I set CPU to on-demand performance,
> > but just 4x 1.4Ghz of my AMD FX 4300  was not enough for single stream decode.
> >
> > This codec was rumored to be fast for both encode and decode, guess ffmpeg
> > implementation not very fast yet ...
>
> Mplayer can sometimes be too slow at decoding full HD H.264. I think,
> because it is trying to visualize video with too much accuracy, while some
> other players do it simpler (and therefore faster).
>
> To me, sometimes the following options helped, mplayer was accelerated
> without any visible degrade in quality:
>
> mplayer -autosync 30
> mplayer -lavdopts lowres=1
> mplayer -lavdopts fast
> mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=nonkey

Yeah, those work on h264 and some other video codecs
(I tried lowres on mpeg2/dv/mjpeg). But cineformHD decoding
doesn't like lowres (gives errors and black window), probably not implemented yet ....

 mplayer /dev/shm/cineformhd.mov -quiet -vo gl  -lavdopts lowres=1
MPlayer SVN-r38192-5.5.0 (C) 2000-2020 MPlayer Team
226 audio & 470 video codecs
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing /dev/shm/cineformhd.mov.
libavformat version 58.46.101 (internal)
libavformat file format detected.
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x576a8aa0]Protocol name not provided, cannot determine if input is local or a network protocol, buffers and access patterns cannot be configured optimally without knowing the protocol
[lavf] stream 0: video (cfhd), -vid 0
[lavf] stream 1: audio (aac), -aid 0, -alang rus
VIDEO:  [CFHD]  1920x1080  24bpp  29.970 fps  87349.2 kbps (10662.7 kbyte/s)
[gl] using extended formats. Use -vo gl:nomanyfmts if playback fails.
Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: /usr/lib/codecs/CFDecode2.ax
Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL.  (DLL=CFDecode2.ax)
Failed to create DirectShow filter
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec CFDecode2.ax.
You need to upgrade/install the binary codecs package.
Go to http://www.mplayerhq.hu/dload.html
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [vfw] Win32/VfW video codecs
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: /usr/lib/codecs/cinevfw.dll
Can't open library cinevfw.dll
ICOpen failed! unknown codec / wrong parameters?
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 58.92.100 (internal)
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]The maximum value for lowres supported by the decoder is 0
Selected video codec: [ffcfhd] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg Cineform HD)
Clip info:
 major_brand: qt
 minor_version: 512
 compatible_brands: qt
 encoder: Lavf58.49.100
Load subtitles in /dev/shm/
Forced audio codec: mad
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
[aac @ 0x577feea0]Multiple frames in a packet.
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, floatle, 129.0 kbit/4.57% (ratio: 16121->352800)
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch floatle (4 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[aac @ 0x577feea0]channel element 0.0 is not allocated
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [gl] 960x540 => 960x540 Planar 422P 10-bit little-endian
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glTexParameter(pname=GL_TEXTURE_STORAGE_HINT_APPLE)
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]g frame!
Invalid lowpass width
Error while decoding frame!
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
Error while decoding frame!
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Error while decoding frame!
Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Invalid lowpass width
Error while decoding frame!
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Error while decoding frame!
Invalid lowpass width
[cfhd @ 0x577feea0]Error while decoding frame!
Invalid lowpass width

[a lot of those]

> The latter option being perhaps most important, with it mplayer was
> accelerated drastically on some video.
>
> Somewhen I have seen also a strange video from some digital camera with the
> usual 30 fps actual, but 1000 fps set in metadata. Mplayer tried to display
> it at 1000 fps and came in nirvana... Then I tried to override fps, and it
> went fine.

Yeah, I think I also saw something like this..

Thanks for tips