[Cin] Bump Autos + other checked into GIT

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:20:19 CEST 2020

Thanks. I did some first tests of Bump Keyframes. My considerations/questions:

1- The best way to create bump keyframes is in the Phyllis example:
select the region and then
Keyframes --> Create curve type --> bump
Keyframes --> Create keyframes --> speed (or other)

2- However, you can also create them by clicking or double-clicking then
RMB --> bump
RMB --> speed (or other)

3- Question: The internal (empty) keyframes that form, what are they?
How are they used?

4- Make sure that the keyframes at the edges are bump type and that
the left edge is set to the right and the right edge is set to the
left. This way the changes will only affect keyframes within the
range.

5- Question: Acting on the slider to make changes, everything works
fine. But by dragging the keyframe with the mouse to change it, you
only change the keyframe itself and the next (empty) one to which it
is tied; but not the others. Am I wrong?

6- Question: Is it indifferent to enable/disable the "Allow keyframe
spanning" button?

7- With the sliders using, only the keyframes of the track are
changed. A workaround to edit all armed tracks of all types at the
same time is as follows (always applies, not only to bump keyframes):
a- disable "Master track" of all tracks except the first one, on which
we will work.
b- switch to "gang media" mode. Now only the Master track is visible,
but every change made on its keyframes is also applied to the other
tracks. (great innovation; more I examine the latest features
introduced and more I understand how powerful, comfortable and
functional they are. Thanks!)

If I can understand these points; combining the GG explanation, I can
try to write the section for the manual, which you (phyllis) can then
check. If you want, of course.

[PS: I take this opportunity to ask another thing.
I changed the video card, going back to AMD Navi 10. It is now stable
and working  (So I no longer have Nvidia and Cuda). I also formatted
and reinstalled everything. I have these warnings on terminal:

 file:/home/paz/video_editing/prova/1080/0005.3gp
  err: Invalid data found when processing input
FFStream::decode: failed
HW device init failed, using SW decode.
file:/home/paz/video_editing/prova/1080/0005.3gp
  err: Invalid data found when processing input
mesa: for the --simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or
one times!
mesa: for the --global-isel-abort option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the --amdgpu-atomic-optimizations option: may only occur
zero or one times!

Apparently the .3gp format (with h264 and aac codecs) is not supported
by vaapi. It's not a problem, but I don't understand the meaning of
the three lines starting with "mesa: ...".]