[Cin] Bump Autos + other checked into GIT

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:04:17 CEST 2020

> 3- Question: The internal (empty) keyframes that form, what are they?
> How are they used?

The "bump" is a kind of FloatAuto, an element in an automation list
that is one of the 12 automation types of keyframe lists:
mute, cam_x,y,z, proj_x,y,z fade, pan, mode, mask, and speed lists
which are part of the "Track".  A FloatAuto is one of 4 auto "value" types
that are stored in the auto at the keyframe "position", float, mask, int,
pan.
A FloatAuto stores a floating value for the automation at a position on
the track.  When a FloatAuto get_value is invoked at a track position, the
position is used to access a previous and next auto list element values
based on the "current" position.  The returned value is generated using
one of 5 modes of curve interpolation, smooth, linear, tangent, free, bump.
smooth: bezier interpolation which are flat at the endpts
linear: piecewise linear curve.
tangent: bezier interpolation with collinear endpts in a specified line.
free: piecewise bezier, if there is such a thing.
bump: has 2 values, one viewed from the left/right, discontinuous.
When a FloatAuto is created, it gets a list default value.  This varies
by auto type speed=0, fade=100, ..., and at position 0., but this is almost
always immediately changed to a value specified for the current position,
a value/mode you specify in the sliders and drag values of the GUI updates.

5- Question: Acting on the slider to make changes, everything works
> fine. But by dragging the keyframe with the mouse to change it, you
> only change the keyframe itself and the next (empty) one to which it
> is tied; but not the others. Am I wrong?

You are right.  When you are dragging, the "span" and "edge" are not
specified, and the defaults are not spanning, and the right edge.

6- Question: Is it indifferent to enable/disable the "Allow keyframe
> spanning" button?

Yes, the keyframe spanning button in the MenuBar applies to plugin
keyframes.  The update is done by first creating a textual "diff" on the
xml values of the plugin keyframes, then applying that diff to all of the
keyframes selected in the "span".  The bump FloatAuto bump_update
subtracts the old and new values to create a "diff" that is added to all
of the values in the right_edge ... auto values ... left_edge region
created by bump autos and media endpts.

Thank you so much for all of the testing and documentation.
This is all very much appreciated.  Phyllis and I try to keep it all up
to date, but this is just too much for two old people and a dog.

gg