[Cin] Bump Autos + other checked into GIT

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:14:38 CEST 2020

RafaMar:

I see that you are working on the issue of speed change. Precisely these
> days playing with the change of speed I have encountered some more
> problems. For example, if there are effects inserted to the clip or track
> that I apply a speed change, they lose synchrony.

We believe that with the latest changes and BT #477 where " when i speed up
a video ... and cut from one part to another, the cut either goes to a
different area of the video" the cut is now working correctly which is what
I believe Houku verified.  We have a Mint 18, Ubuntu20, and Arch with this
mod in at:
    *https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing
<https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing>*/cinelerra-5.1-ub20-x86_64-static.txz
(for Ubuntu 20 and others in same directory)
I have also tested "paste" inside of the speed auto line and it works
correctly for me but that is not to say that there is a problem that I can
not reproduce.  I have not had time to update the other BTs due to
unforeseen commitments.

> The line is a good option, but I see that it is very problematic.
>
> Wouldn't it be easier to make an effect, or assistant, that acts on the
> time of a certain clip?een close autos.

We tried to design a "speed" plugin to fit your suggestion that you
provided in some email and BTs, but could not find a way to make it work.
So that is why we came up with "bump autos" instead -- they were created to
allow for easily selecting an area, either with the selection or in/out
brackets that you can use around an edit and get the precise area defined
for the speed change.  If you have time to test this, I believe you might
like it.  If you need a different test build for a different operating
system we can create one.