[Cin] Thanks and suggestions.

Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux rafamar.mm.ig at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:26:26 CEST 2020

First of all I want to thank you for improving the Rotate Effect. Cinelerra
has gone from having an effect that was a bit stressful to use it to having
a wonderful rotation effect. So thank you very much to this collaborator
for his time.

I know the suggestions are not new and I apologize for being repetitive (or
a heavy person)
The wizard for loading project files (xml) and media files is quite
puzzling to new users. The logical thing is to have a wizard to load .xml
project files and another one for multimedia media, videos, images and
audios.

Cinelerra does NOT have an effect for changing the speed of individual
clips, this today makes Cinelerra a little off the hook for professional
applications. The ideal and normal thing today is to have an effect capable
of manipulating the speed of a single clip and automatically also change
the duration of the audio associated with this clip while maintaining the
pitch (timestretch). Being an ignorant of programming I thought that this
would be easy to implement, since open source Audacity has an excellent
Timestretch effect, and I thought that the code could be reused and adapted
to Cinelerra.

The line to modify the speed, although it has been improved a little,
continues to cause errors that make it difficult to use, as it does not
respect the entry and exit points defined in a clip. This error occurs when
we insert a clip into a track with the changed velocity values.
I made some videos to try to explain this error.
https://streamable.com/ehnhj9
https://streamable.com/q72zfq

Another thing that confuses new users a lot is the default settings for the
sliders on the camera and projector wizards. These are set to only 100 px
in both X and Y. Is it very difficult to define these X and Y values to the
px of the project? for example if I am working on a 1920x1080 project the
maximum and minimum of X should be -1920 +1920 and in Y -1080 +1080.
Although I still think that the ideal would be to work with percentages,
where 0 is the default point, -100% the clip completely off the screen from
the left or from below, and 100% clip was from the right or up. Perhaps
this point is the most irrelevant when it is discovered that this can be
configured in the values below the timeline and even manipulated from the
screen itself, the slider is very secondary. If I knew how to program apart
from the aforementioned, there are two things I would do with these
assistants, include the option to rotate and some axes on the screen so
that when you rest your mouse on them and move, you can only do it from the
selected axis. But I understand that these things a programmer will only do
when he is bored at home, because they are not important either.

[image: image.png]

If someone has had the holy patience to read this far, thanks and regards.