[Cin] Thanks and suggestions.

MatN mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Thu Jul 2 22:01:28 CEST 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 00:26:26 +0200, Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\\Linux wrote:

<snip>

>Cinelerra does NOT have an effect for changing the speed of individual
>clips, this today makes Cinelerra a little off the hook for professional
>applications. The ideal and normal thing today is to have an effect capable
>of manipulating the speed of a single clip and automatically also change
>the duration of the audio associated with this clip while maintaining the
>pitch (timestretch). Being an ignorant of programming I thought that this
>would be easy to implement, since open source Audacity has an excellent
>Timestretch effect, and I thought that the code could be reused and adapted
>to Cinelerra.

I had problems with this too. being able to speed-change armed video and
audio racks at the same time would be a time saver.

>Another thing that confuses new users a lot is the default settings for the
>sliders on the camera and projector wizards. These are set to only 100 px
>in both X and Y. Is it very difficult to define these X and Y values to the
>px of the project? for example if I am working on a 1920x1080 project the
>maximum and minimum of X should be -1920 +1920 and in Y -1080 +1080.
>Although I still think that the ideal would be to work with percentages,
>where 0 is the default point, -100% the clip completely off the screen from
>the left or from below, and 100% clip was from the right or up. Perhaps
>this point is the most irrelevant when it is discovered that this can be
>configured in the values below the timeline and even manipulated from the
>screen itself, the slider is very secondary. If I knew how to program apart
>from the aforementioned, there are two things I would do with these
>assistants, include the option to rotate and some axes on the screen so
>that when you rest your mouse on them and move, you can only do it from the
>selected axis. But I understand that these things a programmer will only do
>when he is bored at home, because they are not important either.

Yes, the 100 +/- values have bitten me too. +1 for changing that to the
values set in the Settings->Format. Percentages would be fine, provided the
resolution is sufficient that there still can be pixel-accurate positioning
at 8K .

MatN