[Cin] New suggestions

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 00:55:17 CEST 2020

With what little programming knowledge I have, it looks like almost all of
the items deal with rewriting existing code to work in a different way but
nothing that would be noticeable by the user.  Maybe Andrew is looking at
them and can better comment.

>     8- removed broken plugins including plugins importing from devices -- *this
> could be a lot, why not fix them?*
>     13- new GuideLines system for plugins -- *useful for a programmer
> wanting to write a plugin*
>     14- optimized EDL internal manipulation (EDL structures are now permanent
> - never removed) -- *visible internally only*
>     15- rewritten Crop feature - it is now a normal keyframable effect (only
> 16bit color models are supported) -- *current Crop&Position plugin is
> great!*
>
> I don't quite understand, but I find the points: 2; 4; 5; 14 and 15
> interesting.
> Can you explain them to me? Is there anything you can get for CinGG?

I am sure there is some useful code constructs after all of the years of
work.  GG used to look at CV programmer mods but quit doing so when there
were so many that just deleted code -- the last one he looked at was
deleting OpenGL.