[Cin] Suggestions on rotation in cinelerra

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 01:13:36 CEST 2020

RafaMar,
I think you should make a feature request out of this and add it to the Bug
Tracker.  The reason I say this is because we are always hoping that
another programmer decides to help and making modifications to a plugin,
like Rotate, is a very good way to get started working on Cinelerra
development.  That way if a programmer looks in the Bug Tracker, they can
choose something interesting but not overwhelming. Many of the plugins are
the original ones added years and years ago and so are more basic and could
certainly be embellished.  And over time, that does get done.  For example,
the Title plugin was very minimal originally and now is quite robust by
comparison.  (Oh, and pleas add that it would be good to put this in the
Camera/Projector too if you create a Bug Tracker issue).

It is not that easy to do and takes quite a bit of fiddling.  Programming
it is a lot different than drawing it!

Unfortunately, there is no facilitating way to change Cinelerra.  It is all
programming code (C++) and no scripting.  The original Cinelerra-C manual
(cinelerra_cv_manual_en.pdf somewhere on the internet) did have a chapter
on "Plugin Authoring" but you still had to be a programmer to author a
plugin and we left that out of the current manual as just plain ridiculous.