[Cin] Video for Youtube channel

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:34:22 CEST 2020

I think this channel on YouTube is aimed at two different clienteles;
the two potential clienteles of CinGG.

On the one hand the beginners in editing, but who have high ambitions
and on the other hand the "pros", who already know very well the basic
techniques of editing but who are rather looking for specific complex
functions that are precise and efficiently implemented. These are two
different groups with very different expectations. The former are
looking for simple procedures, the latter are quite prepared to deal
with complexity and variances.

For me, I think we are talking about two different types of video
documents: tutorials and promotional documents.

Promotional documents such as the one made by Sam, which is on the home
page of the CinGG website, is in fact a showcase of the possibilities
offered by CinGG. They don't aim to teach a procedure or list all the
possible options, they just aim to showcase... to seduce... to arouse
interest.

All companies that produce this type of document to promote their
product or service have long understood that it is better to avoid
exceeding 10 minutes... unless they have the possibility to tie the
spectators to their chairs or to keep a whip in sight...

For the tutorials, which are intended to teach specific procedures and
possibilities, I think we need two separate banks of tutorials. One for
beginners in editing and one for "pros". Ideally, they should each have
their own classification and aesthetic design.

It is very important that all these tutorials be short and only cover
one topic at a time. 5 to 10 minutes maximum is a good goal for a
tutorial that focuses on one aspect.

It's a bit like the manual... nobody reads it all at once to learn how
to use CinGG. You usually read it one chapter or function at a time and
only move on to the next topic after you have mastered the previous one.

These tutorials could sometimes be speechless (international) or have a
narative voice if needed.

It would theoretically be possible to offer these tutorials with voices
from different languages. This would require the translators to have an
"international" version of the tutorials available (the voice tracks are
separated from the rest of the sounds in the video editing, so that they
can be easily replaced or attenuated to make room for a new language,
without affecting the other sounds in the video).

Pierre