[Cin] Video for Youtube channel

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:40:31 CEST 2020

I bring back an exchange of emails with Sam, because they contribute
to the discussion.

Sam-1 (before he watched the video):

I believe that our official YT channel can certainly grow, with the
following approach.

1. a very short trailer video in the style I made some time ago, this
should have a summary of all the features. I could make this video, I
just need a list of the features you think are worth mentioning.

2. many small mini tutorials (maximum 5 minutes), with very simple
tasks, like for example
     - How do I import new media
     - How do I make a transition
     - How to use Smart Folders
     - How do I make a simple color correction
     - How do I render a video for YouTube
     - How do I synchronize audio tracks etc.
     - How do I use the Multicam features

Lots of small videos, straight to the point. This has the advantage of
filling the YouTube channel quite fast and people link such short videos
much faster. It also makes our job much easier. Maybe there is a
possibility that you can prepare such small videos and a voice will
repeat them in English.

3. I would create a good intro and extro footage. The current one could
be improved from my point of view.

4. prefer to produce small videos on a regular basis, but have more
often and less effort. Maybe two small videos per week. With a maximum
length of five minutes.

Sam-2 (after watching the video):

1. But too long, like Igor said. As I said before, I would make many
small ones from this one big video.
2. I would have set the video a bit with a different, more neutral music.
3. at certain points I would have zoomed in to make the view bigger,
because it is difficult to see certain parts.
4. a nice intro and extro added to it.

Me (in reply to Sam-1):

Sam, I agree with all your points. Much has already been done by Rafa
Mar (maybe adding a voiceover in English).
The points to show that I have chosen for my video are:

1.  30 overlays
2.  Keyframes
3.  Advanced editing (OpenEDL; Proxies; File by Reference; Nested
clips; nested assets)
4.  Camera / Projector
5.  Interview mode, live preview, search di edits and sources
6.  LV2 plugins (calf)
7.  Batch rendering and render Farm
8.  Hardware acceleration (GPU)
9.  HiDPI support
10. 8k resolution
11. ShuttlePro/Xpress
12. Motion Tracking and video Stabilization
13. Capture and recording (Broadcast TV, also)
14. Multi-cam with audio-sync
15. DVD/BD authoring
16. Title plugin and Subtitle tool
17. Sketcher plugin
18. Trim
19. Debug and Bug fixing
20. Mask tool
21. Videoscopes
22. Shoortcuts
23. Smart Bins/Folders
24. Patchbay
25. FFmpeg
26. Shared Effects / Shared Tracks
27. Compositor tools
28. Background rendering
29. tracks personalization
30. Audio editing plugins

I left out (for my forgiveness... I'm sorry)

Transcode
Grouping edits

All your points are extremely important as advertising to attract new users.
But I wanted to make a video according to Ugin's instructions and
addressed to experienced people who, bored by the limitations of their
software, look around for alternatives. This type doesn't look for
tutorials (they're already good) or demo-reel. They just want to see
how CinGG does the things they already do in other programs.
In short, a (several) video outside the logic of Youtube, and
addressed to a limited audience but, in my opinion, not to be
underestimated. Obviously, the bulk of the channel must be dedicated
to tutorials and advertising demos (very well done, I'm not capable of
it).

Sam-3:

Yeah, now I understand what you mean. Your arguments make sense, for
this purpose the normal approach for standard YouTube tutorials would
probably not be as suitable. People with experience need a different
video. The long video makes sense for this target group, but a short
summary of all these features would also be a good addition. I don't
know how we could present so many topics in one short video. I think
about it a bit, then we have the long detailed video and a second short
video, as a teaser.

----

Pierre, Rafa Mar, MatN and all; I'd like to hear your opinions...