[Cin] Problem installing under Ubuntu 20.04

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:08:10 CEST 2020

Mike, OK I see what went wrong.
Here is an easy to follow set BUT honestly from my point of view, just
using the static tar is easier for experimentation, for backout, and to
keep multiple versions instead of installing the package as a system
package.

The instructions you followed were for Ubuntu 14 at the beginning of the
instructions. (Add "sudo" for the necessary commands below.  The first step
is correct that you already did and only have to do once:
     apt install software-properties-common apt-transport-https
Then read down in the instructions to not use version 14:  For Ubuntu 20.04
(Focal Fossa), run the third set of lines below: -- which in this case is:
     apt-add-repository https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/pkgs/ub20
Next edit the file* /etc/apt/sources.list* to make sure the added line
contains [trusted=yes] as shown below:
    deb [trusted=yes] https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/pkgs/ub20 focal main
Finally you run these:
   apt update
  apt install cin

BTW: there is now a Cinelerra YouTube channel with many expert examples of
usage accessible from the website under Support:
   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW97mOMN_tAqVCn8k4Euf1w/
BUT if you just want to make a quick video to see how to operate Cinelerra,
you can follow the Quickstart.pdf file at:
   https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Quickstart.pdf     (needs
to be updated too)