[Cin] New dav1d need new nasm?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:47:45 CET 2020

В сообщении от Thursday 19 March 2020 22:47:43 Phyllis Smith написал(а):
> Andrew:
>
> > Sorry, I just saw recent commit message in Cin git:
> > partially my fault because I not checked this requirement (I have nasm
> > nasm-2.14.02-i586-1).
> >

> No, it is NOT any of your fault.  *It is the dav**1d developers fault. * We
> have strived to keep up with new stuff but now gg is pretty disgusted and
> is backing off on library upgrades going forward.  Wants to spend more time
> with Cinelerra code because is is more fun.  We have to rely on users like
> you, MatN, IgorB, and Andrea to report early problems with the build so we
> do not get blind-sided for the end of the month builds.
>
> > I can dig up some recompiling  tips relatively easily, I did some of this
> > last year,
> > but this still will require some manual action.
> > (i don't think you want /me as buildmaster ...)
> >

> The problem with being a buildmaster is the requirement for a computer with
> many, many cpu-s or else it is not possible to do monthly builds as it
> would take too long.  Too many supported distros and I like the idea of
> keeping older operating system versions available, to even include 32-bit
> (that may have to be dropped in the future).

/me likes idea of working 32-bit build too ...

But I was thinking about doing 'admin' stuff remotely on your (xen) machines..
this might be bad or wrong idea, I never tried to  upgrade/fix production server ....

but at least I can offload some of more mechanical aspects of keeping up with
fast-moving software world .... (but I don't think I'll able to revert c++14 changes
from somelib, because I don't know c/++ nearly anywhere near enough...)

see https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=390

> > Was openexr 2.4.1 stuff Ok enough for rebuild?
> >
> > We are glad you worked with OpenEXR 2.4.1 and supplied the patches as it
> gave gg motivation to do the upgrade (before he got disgusted with this
> library too).  However, he looked at your patches; then he looked at the
> current way 2.2.1 worked; and then went a whole different way!  That
> sometimes happens.

it worked - so one less problem for now .....