[Cin] Tracking (or tracer?) control points

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Tue May 19 14:44:50 CEST 2020

I finally managed to get the OpenCV running.

The plugin that could be used for this is the FindObj plugin. Basically
as the name says, it does nothing else but find objects. I define an
object which should be tracked and this tracked object should be
replaced with another object.

However, I have not been able to repeat the results I achieved a long
time ago. In my opinion the only usable algorithm was SURF, which is no
longer available in the latest version and is also not free. I think
this plugin would be very good for a useful tracking in Cinelerra, but
it would require many changes to the FindObj plugin, which is currently
not possible due to lack of support from other programmers.

As Rafa has already explained, the only currently usable option is to
work manually with the Masks and Perspective plugin to get good results.

Sam