[Cin] DNxHR presets

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 08:34:43 CET 2020

В сообщении от Sunday 08 November 2020 16:26:24 Andrea paz via Cin написал(а):
> I tried to put DNxHR presets under the .mov container. The advantages
> of using this mezzanine codec are great quality and efficiency (like
> ProRes) and being self-managed for each resolution and bit-rate
> (unlike DNxHD which has many fixed and unalterable formats for each
> resolution). The only disadvantage compared to DNxHD is that it
> supports only progressive and not interlaced signals.
>
> If someone wants to try them, I make them available (there are also 2
> audio presets of type pcm). They seem to work apart from some
> settings:
>
> - Pixel_format gbrp10le of pulldown ("pixels:") does not work (it
> remains yuv type).
> - in pixel_format pulldown there is no choice for bit-depth=12; while
> DNxHR_HQX and DNxHR_444 profiles should be 12-bit (for resolutions
> higher than FullHD). Is this a limit of CinGG?

I think this is unimplemented functionality in ffmpeg:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7280

https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/blob_plain/HEAD%3A/libavcodec/dnxhdenc.c

   .pix_fmts       = (const enum AVPixelFormat[]) {
        AV_PIX_FMT_YUV422P,
        AV_PIX_FMT_YUV422P10,
        AV_PIX_FMT_YUV444P10,
        AV_PIX_FMT_GBRP10,
        AV_PIX_FMT_NONE
    },

unfortunately, adding 12 bit support is not  as easy as adding just one line here ...

10-bit support was added in

https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/commit/f078bc4c5e6675a93166a7e5b23feb5b04ac9320