[Cin] Cinelerra for Mageia 7?...

E R myaffiliateprogram123 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:43:31 CET 2020

Pardon my bad english.

I'm an aspiring video editor. I use the Linux distribution Mageia 7.

Looking for that software in the "Install & Remove Software", I realize
that it is not available (not even for Micro$oft Window$). Then I tried
installing it through the console, but the following messages came out like
this:

sudo: apt-get: command not found
sudo: apt-install: command not found

That is one of the negative points I have found in this distribution;
however, it is the one that performs best on my very old all-in-one
computer that I bought many years ago.

Not even the official Cinelerra GG website has Mageia documentation?? it's
strange

This website comes closer to what I'm looking for but I don't understand
the many links they provide there. It is not entirely clear their proposal
to download it.
https://fedora.pkgs.org/rawhide/rpmfusion-free-x86_64/cinelerra-gg-5.1.2020.07-2.fc33.x86_64.rpm.html

This is the list of video editing software available for Mageia 7:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/List_of_applications#Video_Players.2C_Video_Editing.2C_Audio.2C_Music_Players

I had Linux Mint installed, but it gave me nightmares because the wifi was
disconnected very often (the router was somewhat close) and also almost
everything I did in this distribution was slow. I uninstalled it.

Then I installed Ubuntu Studio but the data pointer (popularly known as
"mouse") was "lagging" or getting very slow instead of having that natural
and fluid movement. I uninstalled it.

Finally, I installed Linux Mageia 7, and it does not give the problems that
the previous ones; except for:

- The terminal that does not allow me to install any program

- The package center does not have some popular softwares (I realized when
using Mageia for several months). This forced me to search for several
weeks for the rpm softwares that I need, but there are hardly any websites
that offer that, except one that took a lot of work to find (but it didn't
help me).

- Chromium browser does not correctly play sound in Youtube live streams,
and videos from other platforms (whether live or not)..... the Opera
browser does not play audio and video from Youtube live streams, and does
not play videos from other platforms (whether live or not).

This is what happened when wanting to install Cinelerra on Mageia 7:

THIS I WROTE:
urpmi.update-a

THIS HAPPENED:
medium " Core Release (distrib1)" is up-to-date
medium " Core Updates (distrib3)" is up-to-date
medium " Nonfree Release (distrib11)" is up-to-date
medium " Nonfree Updates (distrib13)" is up-to-date
medium " Core Release (distrib46)" is up-to-date
medium " Core Updates (distrib48)" is up-to-date
medium " Nonfree Release (distrib56)" is up-to-date
medium " Nonfree Updates (distrib58)" is up-to-date

THEN THIS I WROTE:
urpmi cinelerra

THIS WAS THE RESULT:
bash: urpmi: command not found

I will not make you engage to follow up on my case (it is voluntary).

And previously said, I'm an aspiring video editor. I use the Linux
distribution Mageia 7 (developed by many several former employees of the
ex-Mandriva)

Beside that, I just recently discovered that now it no longer opens
"Install ~ Remove Software" after using " urpmi.update-a” in Mageia's
“Konsole Terminal” console; is that common? can't it be fixed anymore?

Thanks in advance.