[Cin] actually, added few more formats to theme.C

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:28:55 CET 2020

Den 12.11.2020 22:04, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin:
> В сообщении от Thursday 12 November 2020 21:41:47 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin написал(а):
skip........
>>> Yes, I see
>>>
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/cinelerra%40skolelinux.no/msg05582.html
>>>
>>> this one not very encouraging:
>>>
>>> ======
>>> Note that Cinelerra does two tasks: render and display.
>>>
>>> To render, Cinelerra treats the 1440:1080 as square pixels. This is not
>>> optimal if something you render has both horizontal and vertical extent, but
>>> is driven by only one parameter, like the radius of the radial grandient, a
>>> radial blur, or the 'feather' radius of the masks. Such things will turn into
>>> ellipses because:
>>>
>>> To display, Cinelerra simply stretches the available pixels to 16:9 ratio.
>>>
>>> -- Hannes
>>> =========
>>>
>>> this question of you was left w/o answer, at least it was off-thread.
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/cinelerra%40skolelinux.no/msg05586.html
>>>
>>> ======
>>> For captured HDV and SD DV footages it looks like Cinelerra automatically
>>> takes care of scaling. What doesn't look quite clear for me yet, is what
>>> has to be done in Cinelerra for in cam downconverted HDV to anamorphic DV?
>>> =======
>>>

>>>    I'll use search and try to read code a bit more.
>>>
>>> I think I found manual on how to mix DV and HDV in same project in Cinelerra, but it was involving manual scaling?
>>>
>>> http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/anamorphic.html#_how_to_add_16_9_anamorphic_footage_to_your_standard_4_3_project
>>>
>>> ah, no, it has  no specific mention of HDV in this section, but our problem is indeed those non-square pixels, and how to paint over them ....
>> I found another, related mail thread (2016):
>> [CinCV TNG] Create 16x9 video from 4x3 sources
>> https://lists.cinelerra-cv.org/pipermail/cinelerra/2016q2/004927.html
>
> Thanks, according to this thread same DVD disk may look different on different players/TV/monitors ...
> My friend said some of those display devices may have their own  fine controls for scaling (on-screen menu?).
>
> But I only have  this monitor (1440x900 it says IPS LED LG on front and "Manufacturer: GSM  Model: 5b01  Serial#: 5886" in X.log) as my viewing device (I have older CRT monitors, Samsung SyncMaster 550b, but for now I prefer not to unplug vga cable too much - it sometimes loose red and blue signals, so I prefer not to strain it more)

Ok
I happend to search yet a couple of related mail topics from the past
CinCVS, and complement them here as references:

[CinCVS] 16:9 from 4:3 ??
https://cinelerra.skolelinux.narkive.com/modLKoWa/cincvs-16-9-from-4-3

[CinCVS] Compositor stretching 16:9
https://cinelerra.skolelinux.narkive.com/kkJef8tW/cincvs-compositor-stretching-16-9