[Cin] HDV formats patch

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 23:14:24 CET 2020

Den 13.11.2020 21:02, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> В сообщении от Friday 13 November 2020 22:39:24 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):
> [skip]
>>> Now I'm here :
>>>
>>> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5>
>>> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5> du -sh
>>> 546M    .
>>> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5>
>>>
>>> Could you add the command "to pull cinGG sources from git, apply my
>>> patch"
>>>
>>> (git apply PATCH from source tree) and build with
>>> "--with-single-user", so there will be no danger to your Cin
>>> isntallation and see if patch actually gives workable settings for
>>> your real footage?
> in theory if you already have 546M of it - sources must be ok ....
>
> I usually attach patch to email, so you can check now your email client/web interface shows attachments, and download it from there...
>
> Yes, I can't see it via web interface to mail archive.
>
> I put some patches in web folder:
>
> https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2ceA/4exRtrswu
>
> double-click on patch name and then hit Скачать

Yup, thank you - that worked :)

Tested Cin-GG and loaded the hdv m2t file;

./cin
Cinelerra Infinity - built: Nov 13 2020 22:08:49
git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git
(c) 2006-2019 Heroine Virtual Ltd. by Adam Williams
2007-2020 mods for Cinelerra-GG by W.P.Morrow aka goodguy
Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.

FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
[W][000017893.443208][remote-node.c:632 client_node_port_use_buffers()]
Failed to mlock memory 0x7fd337f04000 32832: This is not a problem but
for best performance, consider increasing RLIMIT_MEMLOCK
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
/data/video/Diverse/20081103140154.m2t
Session time: 0:19:47
Cpu time: user: 0:00:07.198 sys: 0:00:02.003
===============

Attach two compressed screen shots:

hdv-m2t_Cin-GG_4x3.jpg
shows the Format default preset and the new selected 1080i/25 preset
(would next suggest to change the upper "P"s to lower case "p")
Not sure about the W.Ratio=1 and H.Ratio=1, as the Cin Viewer still
playback the hdv video image with Aspect 4x3 ?

hdv-m2t_VLC_16x9.jpg
Playback the same hdv m2t file in VLC with its Codec info.
Playback the video with correct aspect 16x9

Terje J. H