[Cin] HDV formats patch

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 21:52:32 CET 2020

Den 14.11.2020 20:25, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> В сообщении от Saturday 14 November 2020 19:43:54 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):
>> Den 14.11.2020 08:37, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>> I updated patches at https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2ceA/4exRtrswu
>>>
>>> now if you apply DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch to clean source tree you should get lowercase "p/i" in presets.
>>>
>>> You can undo patch with 'cat patch.patch | patch -R -p1'
>>>
>>> It will be useful if you also test interlace_aspect_autodetect-2.patch
>>> I hope it will work for mixed-type files in same project.
>>>
>>> PS: I solved my little black screen problem - just missed dri3_disable patch for this build :}
>>>
>> I saved the updated and new patches in
>>
>> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> ls -1 *.patch
>> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
>> interlace_aspect_autodetect-2.patch
>>
>> and then tried to apply the first updated patch:
>>
>> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> git apply
>> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
>> error: patch failed: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h:39
>> error: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h: patch does not apply
>>

>> Is it neccessary to undo the original DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch first?
> Sadly, yes.

Sorry, I try to understand what to do with the mentioned undo patch command

cat patch.patch | patch -R -p1

What I have saved are

terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> ls -1 DEFAULT*
DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_old

where the first one listed is the new patch, the latter is the renamed,
already installed version
(I did rename it to keep it without overwriting of the new patch with
the same name and version)

Before doing anything wrong, what should the undo command line be?
Possibly I have to rename the new patch first,
DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_new and keep the old as DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
before running the undo command?

Terje J. H