[Cin] HDV formats patch

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:56:25 CET 2020

В сообщении от Saturday 14 November 2020 23:52:32 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):

> Den 14.11.2020 20:25, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> > В сообщении от Saturday 14 November 2020 19:43:54 Terje J. Hanssen написал(а):

> >> I saved the updated and new patches in
> >>
> >> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> ls -1 *.patch
> >> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> >> interlace_aspect_autodetect-2.patch
> >>
> >> and then tried to apply the first updated patch:
> >>
> >> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> git apply
> >> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> >> error: patch failed: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h:39
> >> error: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h: patch does not apply
> >>

> >> Is it neccessary to undo the original DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch first?
> > Sadly, yes.
> >

> Sorry, I try to understand what to do with the mentioned undo patch command
>
> cat patch.patch | patch -R -p1
>
> What I have saved are
>
> terje at alfa:~/src/cin5/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1> ls -1 DEFAULT*
> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_old
>
> where the first one listed is the new patch, the latter is the renamed,
> already installed version
> (I did rename it to keep it without overwriting of the new patch with
> the same name and version)
>
> Before doing anything wrong, what should the undo command line be?
> Possibly I have to rename the new patch first,
> DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch_new and keep the old as DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch
> before running the undo command?

I think exact patch name is not important, as long as you remember old vs new.

In my case I reverted patch like this

guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$ cat ~/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch | patch -R -p1
patching file cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$

when I did it wrong (from wrong point in tree) it complained like this:

 guest at slax:/dev/shm/cinelerra$ cat ~/botva/src/cinelerra-git/cin-5/DEFAULT_FORMATS-2.patch | patch -R -p0
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|diff --git a/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h b/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
|index 61bd2165..b963decd 100644
|--- a/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
|+++ b/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/defaultformats.h
File to patch: ^C

I ctrl-c (interrupted) it.

with git you probbaly can say 'git clean -fdx' and then 'git reset --hard' but this will wipe out anything from your working tree (not in git index), so use with extreme  caution ....

   https://git-scm.com/docs/git-clean/2.23.0