[Cin] Audio Visual Application plain Format (BD-R/RE AV) for home video on Blu-ray discs

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:47:16 CET 2020

Den 20.11.2020 00:31, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> В сообщении от Friday 20 November 2020 01:07:14 Terje J. Hanssen
> написал(а):
>> Den 19.11.2020 18:50, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>> В сообщении от Thursday 19 November 2020 19:11:49 Terje J. Hanssen

..............skip

Yes, I've also thougt about this.

CyberLink says "BDAV is a video recording format that is compatible with
all Blu-ray Disc players" (?)
At least it seems Sony and Pioneer Blu-ray players have support for BDAV
discs beside BDMV.

Sony says simply copying the movie file on to a disc using a computer is
not sufficient for playback. You have to create a DMV, BDAV or BDMV
format disc using a disc creation software.

I thought plain BDAV discs could be fine to preserve original HD/HDV
clips and optional SD DV video without need to transcode it, and for
playback this format on HDTV or PC..
For this purpose, simple, fast collecting clips, with clip info but
without menus, would be just fine, comparable with BD-R/RE recorders or
even old Video Tape recorder/player.

The problem is I haven't found any BDAV structure to download and test
if i.e Samsung Blu-ray players support it.
Does indeed the current CGG bdwriter use BDAV disc structure, but needs
to render? If so, it lacks the option to get hdv and dv video files
without transcrode onto the BDAV discs structure?

I don't know it, but it seems i.e Premiere Pro Online has m2ts native
(BDAV, NTSC/PAL) imprt support, and can create BDAV formats using
TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC
https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tppm4/00150.html

Terje J. H