[Cin] Updated DNxHD profile

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 09:44:46 CET 2020

With the new preset the 18th line is now complete. But I knew from the
Avid white paper that there are 64 presets in all. How did you make
your list?

I propose to split dnxhd.qt into several separate presets each
containing a series of bit rates, from the largest to the smallest.
for example (list from:
https://www.avid.com/de/~/media/avid/files/whitepaper-pdf/dnxhd.pdf?la=en):

DNxHD_720p_23.976.pro
containing:
-1280;4:2:2;10-bit;23.976;92mbps
-1280;4:2:2;8-bit;23.976;92mbps
-1280;4:2:2;8-bit;23.976;60mbps
-1280;4:2:2;8-bit;23.976;43mbps

DNxHD_1080p_29.97.pro
containing:
-1920;4:4:4;10-bit;29.976;440mbps
-1920;4:2:2;10-bit;29.976;220mbps
-1920;4:2:2;8-bit;29.976;220mbps
-1920;4:2:2;8-bit;29.976;145mbps
-1920;4:2:2;8-bit;29.976;100mbps
-1920;4:2:2;8-bit;29.976;45mbps

And so on. In all there are 14 presets each containing 4 to 6 specific
bit rates.
In this way a user would have a tidier, clearer and more complete view
without having to manually configure all 64 specifications.

[However I return to say that DNxHD has too rigid, uncomfortable and
confusing specifications. Much better to use DNxHR]

I did a similar thing for the ProRes, which I attach: I divided the 3
current presets into 6 presets that do not need manual configuration.
The problem is the same I had for DNxHR: it offers me all the options
for the pixel_format but only the right one works; the others lead to
error. I guess doing the job of making only the right pix_fmt appear
then it would work without problems as it did for DNxHR (except for
me!).