[Cin] OpenCL benchmarking ....

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:36:55 CET 2020

В сообщении от Saturday 24 October 2020 03:51:42 Phyllis Smith via Cin написал(а):
> Andrew,
>
> > Not VERY useful for CinelerraGG yet, still I found whole topic attractive
> > enough :}
> >
> > http://www.bealto.com/gpu-benchmarks_mem.html
> >

> Interesting benchmarks.  What I found a little puzzling was in the first
> graph where the Read and Write throughput is the same as I always thought a
> Read would be faster.

Yeah, on hdd/ usb flash/ssd and related memory devices it usually like this - read is fast, but writing is less fast .. But this specific benchmark sometimes works with smaller sizes, so they fit into cache and thus work much faster than usual..  I also was quite sure read and write speeds even on RAM should be a bit different, but I guess I need to read more on this ...

In the meantime I found another becnhmark (apparently also requring OpenCL 1.1 + images), it doesn't work correctly for me on hacked nv92, but might be of some interest:

https://github.com/CRVI/OpenCLIPP
"OpenCLIPP - OpenCL Integrated Performance Primitives" - mostly from 2014 and last activity was in 2017 ....

I found it via https://www.iwocl.org/resources/opencl-libraries-and-toolkits/

As far as I understand scanline-based image processing doesn't fit very well to opencCL, but may be some plugins will benefit from it?