[Cin] Looking into minimal alternative Shortcuts

daniel-cinelerra-gg at opayq.com daniel-cinelerra-gg at opayq.com
Tue Sep 8 13:36:06 CEST 2020

I always think that potentially destructive operations like 'save' or 'delete', when assigned to single keystrokes, can be dangerous.  We are much less likely to accidentally touch of ctrl+s than we are to accidentally type s.  I have had a number of occasions where i'm working on complex projects with nested edls and accidentally saved my error, requiring me to retrace my steps.

Speaking of this, I would like to suggest incorporating a feature which has frequently saved me in audio work: automatic backups.  Mixbus (and to my knowledge, Ardour), make periodic automatic snapshots of the active session tagged with date and time.  That way, if I screw something up, I can recover a version from an hour or two previous without having to start over again.  I don't know if this could be compatible with the Cinelerra model of not collecting session materials in a single folder, but it certainly has been a help in those few times I needed it!

Thanks for all the work everyone is doing!

Dan