[Cin] About Prores encode by Cinelerra-GG

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Mon Sep 14 10:43:49 CEST 2020

Hi!
I have done some tests with my footages about ProRes codec in Cinelerra-GG.
My footages are yuvj422 at 24fps 8bit;  LUT of the screen of my Notebook is
8bit for channel, NOT wide gamut.

To use Prores-pro, Prores-ks I have to set the Project format to
RGBA-FLOAT (Menu-> Settings-> Format...).

If you create files by Render (or Transcode) when Cin is YUVA-8bit
format, the files created may have clamped area (highlight and/or
darkzone). You can see that using Videoscope tool.

Important:
Check your Project format is RGBA-FLOAT before you are doing Render or
Transcode.

I added 4 images to show Original, Prores by Cin when it is YUVA-8
(wrong), Prores-ks by Cin_RGBA-Float, Prores-Pro by Cin_RGBA-Float.

Take a look at the Wafeform RGB on the Videoscope tool,  please.
I don't know if it works fine for 10bit footages (but Prores should be
10 bit codec, for that I know).

IgorBeg