[Cin] Single-frame step fwd/bak in viewer delayed?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 00:38:10 CEST 2020

Andrew,

I discovered that at least on highly-compressed mkv file ("Swimming with
> orca in New Zealand-JQ3mDXF3bcE.mkv") setting position cursor (in viewer
> window) at random place with mouse and then trying to use frame
> forward/frame backward buttons doesn't work: I need to click many times
> until it finally (after hitting codec keyframe?) started to advance. I
> tried to set cache to 1 Mb - from 250 or 768Mb - bug was still around.

I do not know if this is a bug -- I think it is really in the video.  If
you put your cursor randomly in the video anywhere around 02:10:00 to
02:11:xx where it is easy to see the swimmer, and then use frame reverse or
forward, you can see the frame move easily.

> Problem is - this is not just visual bug - rendered file also has this
> pause (I was surprized)
>
> Cinelerra Infinity - built: Sep 14 2020 05:20:48 - hopefully latest git.
>
> Anyone can confirm/deny?

So I can confirm what you see in other parts of the video though so I will
have to ask GG for an explanation.