[Cin] Current (10 sep 2020) pdf manual has some pictures displaced?

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:59:38 CEST 2020

> I mean, may be it was design choice, but I prefer illustrations to be
> literally on the same page or in same section as txt referencing them, if
> possible ....

Something can be done, but sometimes it lacks the space to let an
image enter its section and the same page. This is the case of fig.
10.8 and 16.2, which I cannot fix.
Latex works like this: we can give indications of where we want an
image, but then it takes care of finding the best layout. It is one of
the great advantages and convenience of Latex, but often the solution
it finds is not good. Moreover, when you change or add something over
time, the structure changes again every time you build the pdf.
For example, I have arranged the figures you pointed out, but nothing
prevents latex from changing their position again in the future. I
have learned that the best solution is to intervene as little as
possible, even if in truth I always find myself fixing something and
then again and again.
Keep reporting every issue, when you notice them: this finishing work
is important.