[Cin] Histogram Plugin add on feature

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 05:43:14 CEST 2020

IgorBeg,

> Of note though is that the "Linear to Log Slider" will look different
> > until you slide it all the way to LOG which is what it was in the
> > original Histogram.  Adding the Linear and the percentages for sliding
> > provides the capability to see a more versatile histogram.
> Due to my little time to test, I ask you,...
> If I open an old project where there are Histogram plugin on the tracks,
> does my Project work as it was before?
>
> Histogram is a tool very common in other Graphics/Photo (DigiKam,
> RawTherapee, Gimp) and NLEs programs, because very useful to Color
> Correction. Has anyone made a comparison (with the same frame, or image)
> to have a homogeneus result? I hope You understand what I mean. (really
> bad English) :-/

I guess I did not make this very clear in my previous png or demo.  The
correction in past projects will stay exactly the same.  The only potential
difference you will see is in the histogram graph itself -- not the image.
For example, see the attached jpg file where the Slider is at Log, then
50%, then Linear.  You see to the right in the orange/red Compositor sample
that the color correction is exactly the same.