[Cin] Histogram Plugin add on feature

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:50:24 CEST 2020

IgorBeg:

Histogram Bezier plugin uses Log instead of Linear.

That is correct per GG.

> I don't understand what type of histogram View Scope tool uses in its
> Histogram? Log, Linear or 50%?

He says "Log".

> When the Color Model format (in Settings->Format...) is set to RGB[A]
> the histogram displayed on Histogram plugins is the same as on Histogram
> Bezier plugin.
> If you change Color Model format from RGB[A] to YUV[A] the histogram on
> Histogram Bezier no changes, but on Histogram plugin and on View Scopes
> it changes. It is strange, I think.

He is looking at the code this afternoon and so far reports that the
calculation is done a little differently in Histogram Bezier than the other
2.  But still looking and I am not sure I will be able to convey what the
difference is.