[Cin] Histogram Plugin add on feature

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Mon Sep 28 12:04:08 CEST 2020

Thank you so much GG, for your exhaustive explanation!

> This is the same effect you see when
> you turn on "smoothing" in the vectorscope histogram.
The Smoothing feature is a good feature but I don't like as it works
because, I think (and maybe I wrong ), it "false"
what I am seeing. For me these tools are (should be) like a Oscilloscope
instrument (or a multimeter, if you want): if the signal is a Sin wave
1Vpp at 1kHz the instrument should show me that. But, I understand that
here it is a bit different.

> The fewer color case increments the used bins, and skips the unused
> bins.  This sums all of the pixels into fewer bins, and the bins have
> higher values
I don't understand this. You said: "More colors increment more bins.
Fewer colors increment fewer bins."

> To report something more consistent, I have changed the reported value
> to the
> "sum" of the accumulated counts for the bins reporting a pixel bar on
> the graph.
Good explain, with the pile "graph".

I would like to do more tests about, from user point of view, to
understand what diffences there are from Photography programs.

I don't know what algorithm use the other NLE's and Graphic softwares,
so I can not help on that. Sorry.

GG, really thanks for your time!

IgorBeg