[Cin] A few questions about cinelerra-gg

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sat Apr 10 12:53:18 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 5:37:38 PM CEST, Zeke Williams via Cin wrote:
> How good is cinelerra[-gg] for animation post production? I mean
> traditional animation taken with a camera and then has to be edited on a
> computer. Also, if I expect stability, how good is cinelerra-gg for that?
> Would I be better off with a different version of cinelerra rather than
> cinelerra-gg? Thank you.

Specifically for restoring animation I have evaluated my options as well.

For animations you want different layers, Cinelerra has that. So you can
argue, if you are able to drag photo's to a timeline, you are all set.

But what Cinelerra does not really expose is the technical aspects for
example one, two's, in betweens. I think you would visually want to see
those aspects as well, similar to metadata within the compositor.

Cinelerra is a screwdriver. But the question here: is it the right bit. I
have not yet found the ideal gui for this work.

--
Stefan